This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Job Title: Fit Specialist
Department: Sales Department
Reports to: Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Base + Commission
To deliver such a memorable experience to every customer, that they refer at least one person to our dealership. Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle, parts, and service sales to customers by using proactive feature/benefit sales techniques and unparalleled service.
Sales Department Operations
- Use floor time effectively to meet customer needs & solicit sales of all products.
- Attain new and used sales quotas by the Sales Manager.
- Maintain the computerized inventory control system along with net profit objectives which eliminate the possibility of “lower than anticipated” profits.
- Show each customer advantages of products over competing brands.
- Present the features of all products to customers along with their benefits.
- Cross sell additional parts, accessories, HOG memberships, F&I products, warranties & service contracts etc. with all new and used vehicles using effective turn-overs.
- Follow procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all paperwork including write-ups
- Introduce new customers to the service, parts, general merchandise and F&I departments, and their personnel.
- Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to customers.
- Initiate tour of dealership, pointing out value and service of each department; Parts, Service, Test Track, Basement Inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Ensure customers are properly qualified for needs, wants, and ability to buy
- Practice a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business.
- Use a common and consistent quotation methodology for vehicle sales, trade-ins and purchases.
- Conduct a road test, and pre-delivery inspection prior to delivery to customer.
- Ensure the delivery to customer is an “EVENT” which endears the customer to the dealership.
- Contact customers using mailing lists, tickler files and personal follow-up to encourage additional sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right.”
- Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and sales department issues.
- Cultivate prospects (e.g., showroom customer follow-up, phone-in inquiries, past owners, etc.).
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and other sales department issues.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Complete required training programs within first 90 days of employment.
- 2+ years sales experience is preferred
- Must have the ability to communicate with a broad customer base
- High energy level.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated “closing skills”.
- Knowledge and experience with sales of motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Must be able to work effectively with all areas of the dealership to maximize both the buying experience for the customer and the profitability of the dealership.
- Must have good computer skills
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, up to 8 consecutive hours
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 600+ lb. motorcycle.
- Usually indoors, however outdoor work is required when outdoor events are scheduled.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.