This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Do you like to lead Technicians and Service Advisers? Love motorcycles? Love putting forth excellent customer service with a stellar product?
If so, our beautiful dealership in Southaven, MS is looking for you! Our Harley-Davidson of Scottsdale, the largest H-D dealer in the world, family is looking for the best Service Manager there is.
Job Title: Service Manager
Department: Service Department
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Salary/Exempt/Full-Time/Safety Sensitive
To deliver such a memorable experience to every customer, that they refer at least one person to our dealership. Manage employees and operations of the service department.
Service Department Operations
- Ensure service department contributes an acceptable level of gross $ net profit.
- Maximize productivity levels of service technicians.
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
- Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
- Establish procedures to initiate and forward all customers paid, warranty and internal repair orders.
- Develop procedures in conjunction with the Parts Manager that ensures a smooth flow of parts to Service Technicians during jobs
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management.
- Initiate procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty situations
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Gain the trust and confidence of new customers when they are introduced to the service department.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Give special attention to repeat orders to ensure the situation is corrected.
- Establish and ensure road test, pre-delivery inspection, and vehicle delivery policies and procedures are followed.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to Make Things Right.
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality vehicle service to all customers internal and external
- Participate, develop and implement promotional campaigns solely for the Service Department and in conjunction with other departments within the store
- Ensure service personnel are alert, well trained, motivated, and available when needed.
- Maintain service follow-up programs
- Monitor and address all comebacks with individual technicians.
- Establish job assignments for all service employees within their skill levels.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Provide reports to GM, as requested. Monthly sales versus goals versus past years.
- Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with GM.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with sales department issues.
- Attend weekly Mgt. Meetings prepared to report numbers and status of department
- Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the work loads of all employees
- Set policies and procedures for service department.
- Manage employee performance (evaluate and counsel).
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminating employees.
- Maintain records of all employee performance reviews.
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and other sales department issues.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Get certified in P.A.C.E. within 90 days of date of hire
- Complete “Kick Start” within 1st week of starting.
- 5+ years experience within the service department of a motor vehicle dealership
- Experience with point-of-sale and parts & service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to experience with other systems
- Current, valid motorcycle endorsement
- Knowledge and experience with motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, up to 8 consecutive hours
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 800+ lb. motorcycle.
- Usually indoors, however outdoor work is required when outdoor events are scheduled.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled) and participate with the E-Verify Employment Eligibility program