Motorclothes Retail Associate
Founded in 2013 by serial entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons, Southern Thunder Harley-Davidson is determined to grow relationships, not force sales, as we strive to provide each guest with an exceptional customer experience.
We are committed to serving our customers and community and actively support Harley enthusiasts, hosting rides, H.O.G. Chapter meetings, educational workshops and rider safety seminars. We also host events benefiting local charitable organizations, as part of our commitment to serving as a generous and responsible member of the community.
Are you a customer-service focused, self-starter ready to work for an industry-leading Harley-Davidson dealership? If so, we want to hear from you.
Here are the details:
Job Title: Motorclothes Associate
Reports to: Motorclothes Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Commission-Based/Not Safety Sensitive
To deliver such a memorable experience to every customer, that they refer at least one person to our dealership. Assist all customers, in person or over the phone, with questions and requests. Provide a memorable shopping experience by creating excitement and maintaining an exceptional standard of customer service.
- Assist in Receiving and logging merchandise into inventory when asked
- Maximize return on investment of General Merchandise Inventory.
- Gauge stock movement and devise promotions when necessary (get approval from Manager)
- Maintain cleanliness of department and keep inventory neatly stacked and orderly
- Conduct or participate in scheduled physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports etc.)
- Maintain updated customer mailing lists
- Attend training sessions to keep current with general merchandising & inventory control issues.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Develop and share knowledge of all motorclothes merchandise.
- Manage the service of multiple customers at one time, while maintaining individual customer satisfaction
- Educate the customer on the features and benefits of the brand.
- Maintain top knowledge on new and existing product lines.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to customers.
- Maintain cleanliness of MotorClothes Department and keep inventory neatly stacked and orderly.
- Accept cash & credit card payments for merchandise purchases. Keep cash register accurate
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to Make Things Right.
- Contact recent motorcycle buyers using phone lists, encouraging follow-up visits to the dealership for additional sales and ensuring satisfaction.
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and other sales department issues.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Get certified in P.A.C.E. within 90 days of date of hire
- Complete “Kick Start” within 1st week of starting
- 2+ years customer service experience, preferably in retail or consumer goods
- Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base
- Demonstrated sales success in a commission retail environment highly preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale & computerized inventory systems or the ability to quickly learn.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, up to 8 consecutive hour
- Usually indoors, however outdoor work is required when outdoor events are scheduled.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
YAM Worldwide is a drug-free, smoke-free, and fragrance-free work environment.
YAM believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (and gender identity or gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. YAM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Status: Full Time