Southern Thunder Harley-Davidson, located just outside of Memphis, TN is searching for a Parts Associate to join our dynamic team.
The ideal candidate is committed to providing a world class experience to our customers.
A proven track record of sales experience as well as solid knowledge of Harley-Davidson products is a must.
1+ years of relevant retail experience is preferred.
The position also requires you be well organized and proficient with computers, point of sale systems and Microsoft Office applications.
Previous experience with inventory control and purchasing strongly preferred.
Southern Thunder Harley-Davidson is part of the Bob Parson's family of dealerships which also includes GO AZ Motorcycles and the world’s largest H-D dealer, Harley-Davidson of Scottsdale.
We offer an excellent benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, life ins, and short term disability),
401k Program with company match,
Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Paid Training and Professional Development, Employee Discounts and more.
Job Title: Parts Associate
Reports to: Parts Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt/Not Safety Sensitive
Setup and maintain an appealing retail environment and assist all customers with their shopping and purchase of merchandise
- Knowledge and experience with servicing of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale & computerized inventory systems or the ability to quickly learn.
- Knowledge of motorcycle front end, suspension, and engine components and the commitment to continually develop knowledge.
- Ability to look up parts and quote prices for parts using proper catalog for particular motorcycle.
- Must have ability to get along with a broad customer base
- Interface with Service Technicians and ensure their Parts and Accessories needs are being met.
- Take service technicians’ orders for parts and fill them as fast as possible.
- Assist service technicians in determining parts & accessories requirements for individual jobs.
- Recommend related Parts and Accessories, which may be required for a job.
- Supply cost of parts information on repair orders.
- Notify service personnel when special ordered parts or back-ordered parts are received.
- Maintain cleanliness of Parts and Accessories Department and keep inventory neatly stacked and orderly.
- Provide excellence customer service to all of the dealership’s customers.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Develop and share knowledge of all Parts and Accessories merchandise, parts history, and motorcycle service.
- Must possess the ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Point out any sales, specials, new merchandise and offer additional product that may compliment the customer purchase.
- Assist customers with determination of Parts and Accessories requirements and research merchandise in catalogues.
- Accept cash & credit card payments for merchandise purchases. Keep cash register accurate.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to excellent customer service.
- Conduct or participate in periodic physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports etc.).
- Ensure merchandise displays are stocked, clean, and appealing to customers.
- Maintain updated customer mailing lists.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for P&A management.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior service behavior with all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with accounting techniques.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently works on a computer in a typical office environment.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- May be required to work odd, unusual or extended hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled) and participate with the E-Verify Employment Eligibility program
Job Status: Full Time