Sales Manager: Harley-Davidson
Job Title: Sales Manager
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Salary+Commission/Sensitive
To deliver such a memorable experience to every customer, that they refer at least one person to our dealership. The Sales Manager oversees operations, sales, and management of Sales Team within the Sales Department. Ensure sales department contributes acceptable levels of gross and net profit. Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle sales by using proactive feature and benefit sales techniques. Manage all the paperwork and financing to customers with acceptable profit levels on all sales.
Sales Department Operations
- Ensure sales personnel are alert, well trained, motivated, and available when needed.
- Set sales quotas for sales personnel in accordance to their skill levels.
- Initiate and maintain an inventory control system along with gross profit objectives which eliminate the possibility of lower than anticipated profits
- Maintain a balanced new unit inventory in proportion to sales.
- Establish procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all paperwork
- Maintain showroom with a variety of vehicles set-up with different accessories & paint schemes, displayed in a well lighted environment which draws customers.
- Provide GM/Dealer Principals with a daily DOC of your dept’s performance
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Ensure customers are properly qualified for needs, wants, and ability to buy.
- Institute a feature/benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business.
- Ensure cross sales of P&A, financing, warranties, insurance products & services.
- Develop and ensure use of a common and consistent quotation methodology for vehicle sales, trade-ins and purchases.
- Establish and ensure road test, pre-delivery inspection, and vehicle delivery policies and procedures are followed.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to Make Things Right.
- Adhere to Traffic Log Requirements.
- Maintain sales follow-up programs.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with the parts & service departments
- Maintain efficiency reports on sales representatives.
- Provide reports to GM, as requested. Monthly sales versus goals versus past years.
- Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with GM.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with sales department issues
- Attend weekly Mgt. Meetings prepared to report numbers and status of department
- Coach and educate your team in a positive and uplifting manner.
- Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the work loads of all employees
- Train Sales Representatives to use consistent and current sales methodologies.
- Set policies and procedures for sales department.
- Manage employee performance (evaluate and counsel).
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminating employees.
- Maintain records of all employee performance reviews.
- Provide training for all sales employees (seminars; workshops; sales schools, etc.)
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and other sales department issues.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Get certified in P.A.C.E. within 90 days of date of hire
- Complete “Kick Start” within 1st week of starting.
- 5+ years experience within the sales department of a motor vehicle dealership
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven ability to effectively challenge and motivate a team of sales associates
- Demonstrated sales success in a commission retail environment
- Knowledge and experience with sales of motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, up to 8 consecutive hours
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 600+ lb. motorcycle.
- Usually indoors, however outdoor work is required when outdoor events are scheduled.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled) and participate with the E-Verify Employment Eligibility program
Job Status: Full Time