Job Title: Service Writer
Reports to: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Salary-Commission/Exempt/Safety Sensitive
Intakes customer vehicles, reports problems and service needs, schedules work, assigns jobs to service technicians and communicates job status to customer.
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- Outgoing, friendly personality and superior communication & customer service skills.
- Knowledge and experience with servicing of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale and Parts & Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge & experience with computers.
- Current, Motorcycle endorsement or the ability to obtain one
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Service department manager in maintaining a smooth running efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Sell other parts and services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Relay problems accurately, and clearly describe them on the repair order.
- Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
- Assign jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
- Determine correct part numbers on repair orders and assist the parts department with picking and posting of parts used.
- Perform cashier functions, as needed.
- Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
- Forward all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders.
- Assist Chrome consultant with parts requirements and fitment when needed.
- Follow up with every customer having work in progress and completed.
- Use the Menu system to sell parts and services to all customers.
- Follow up and pull warranty return calls for warranty administrator.
- Make sure the counter is covered by yourself, another writer, or manager at all times.
- Close out all internal tickets before going home each day.
- Complete all paperwork required of service writers each day.
- Maintain accurate and productive scheduling system.
- Treat both import and H-D customers with the highest level of respect and dignity.
- Make sure sales department is treated as one of services best customers.
- Ensure wash bay to-be-done board is strictly adhered to throughout each day.
- Manage wash bay staff through the job duty boards posted on wash bay walls.
- Always under promise and over deliver with work and price.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Notify customers ASAP of any changes, delays, or additional work needed. Avoid setting high customer expectation levels in situations where expectations are not likely to be met.
- Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our
- commitment to ?Make Things Right?.
- Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
- Avoid making commitments which cannot (or likely will not) be met. Set customers’ expectations to a level where they will likely be met.
- Other Duties - As Assigned
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently works on a computer in a typical office environment.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- May be required to work odd, unusual or extended hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled) and participate with the E-Verify Employment Eligibility program
Job Status: Full Time