Founded in 2013 by serial entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons, Southern Thunder Harley-Davidson is determined to grow relationships, not force sales, as we strive to provide each guest with an exceptional customer experience.
We are committed to serving our customers and community and actively support Harley enthusiasts, hosting rides, H.O.G. Chapter meetings, educational workshops and rider safety seminars. We also host events benefiting local charitable organizations, as part of our commitment to serving as a generous and responsible member of the community.
Are you a customer-service focused, self-starter ready to work for an industry-leading Harley-Davidson dealership? If so, we want to hear from you.
Job Title: Service Manager
Department: Service Department
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Salary/Exempt/Full-Time/Safety Sensitive
To deliver such a memorable experience to every customer, that they refer at least one person to our dealership. Manage employees and operations of the service department for the motorcycle dealership.
Service Department Operations
- Ensure service department contributes an acceptable level of gross $ net profit.
- Maximize productivity levels of service technicians.
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
- Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
- Establish procedures to initiate and forward all customers paid, warranty and internal repair orders.
- Develop procedures in conjunction with the Parts Manager that ensures a smooth flow of parts to Service Technicians during jobs
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management.
- Initiate procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty situations
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Gain the trust and confidence of new customers when they are introduced to the service department.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Give special attention to repeat orders to ensure the situation is corrected.
- Establish and ensure road test, pre-delivery inspection, and vehicle delivery policies and procedures are followed.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to Make Things Right.
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality vehicle service to all customers internal and external
- Participate, develop and implement promotional campaigns solely for the Service Department and in conjunction with other departments within the store
- Ensure service personnel are alert, well trained, motivated, and available when needed.
- Maintain service follow-up programs
- Monitor and address all comebacks with individual technicians.
- Establish job assignments for all service employees within their skill levels.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Provide reports to GM, as requested. Monthly sales versus goals versus past years.
- Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with GM.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with sales department issues.
- Attend weekly Mgt. Meetings prepared to report numbers and status of department
- Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the work loads of all employees
- Set policies and procedures for service department.
- Manage employee performance (evaluate and counsel).
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminating employees.
- Maintain records of all employee performance reviews.
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and other sales department issues.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Get certified in P.A.C.E. within 90 days of date of hire
- Complete “Kick Start” within 1st week of starting.
- 5+ years experience within the service department of a motor vehicle dealership
- Experience with point-of-sale and parts & service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to experience with other systems
- Current, valid motorcycle license.
- Knowledge and experience with motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, up to 8 consecutive hours
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 800+ lb. motorcycle.
- Usually indoors, however outdoor work is required when outdoor events are scheduled.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled) and participate with the E-Verify Employment Eligibility program
Great benefits, long-term professional growth, and a fun place to work!
Job Status: Full Time